MANAGING DIFFICULT EMPLOYEES AND ABSENTEEISM
Organization experience various people problems – absenteeism, tardiness, insubordination, low productivity, rebelliousness, non -conformance to rules and regulations, mediocrity, wastage, machine breakdown due to poor maintenance, misuse of funds, etc.
If people are the most important resource in an organization, they could also be the biggest source of problems? These people problems adversely affect the organization’s effectiveness and ability to achieve its desired end results? Thus, the biggest challenge to management, leadership and the human resources development department of any organization is how to change the attitudes of certain segment of employees, and to keep them directed towards the vision and mission of the Company.
When these segments show responsiveness and lend support to the core group of the workforce, synergistic results will be obtained over and over again.
Building Self-Esteem and staying positive at work concludes with each participant selecting goals and methods they will use to return to work renewed, refreshed, and ready to tackle new tasks.
WHY SHOULD ATTEND?
Entrepreneurs, Supervisory, Manager
|Attitude – Attributes as against measurable In Managing Performance
- Understanding the meaning of attitude and how it impacts the workplace team directed efficiency and effectiveness; which determines achieving outstanding results or to regression and in not meeting daily goals.
- Moulders of Attitude and how it evolves in individuals – their private life as against their working life.
- Understanding and discerning Attitude, Beliefs and Values
- The different aspects of Self-Concepts – The material, social, and spiritual self and how it is carried into the workplace.
- How Self-Concept develops – and its implication in workplace – Interaction with individuals, groups and roles we assume
- Self-worth and self-fulfilling prophecy applied in workplace
- · The way we behave and why we behave in that manner
|Factors in the Environment (Professional)
- Working conditions
- Job Satisfaction
- Psychological Contracts
- Changing market forces and entrepreneur’s dilemma.
- Leadership & Supervisory style
- Organizational culture
- Appraisal systems, reviews and opportunities for growth – MBO’s and KPI’s – Burden of proof on individual performance, as challenged against previous attributes measure as a evaluation system on performance
- Training programs & Continuous growth
- Attitudinal change leading to Character change
Change in Attitude – Proactive Vs Reactive
- Understanding Principles, Paradigms & Processes and its cruciality to workplace cumulative performance
- Paradigm shifts & its impact on organizational performance and effectiveness(Simulate activities based on current production situations)
- Difficult employees as seen from workplace perspective and the necessity to conform to the Organizations "workplace behavioral specification"
- Absenteeism, Tardiness, AWOL & its conversion to unpaid leave, missing from place of work, medical leave without notification and the related “ unplanned downtime of the human factor “ leading to poor performance of organizations
- Re-engineering of the Human Resource factor at work?
- Developing progressive and positive disciplinary procedures
- Affirmative steps & enforcement to correct the workplace behavior
- Data and objective measure as prove of evidence that affirmative action on workplace behavior is responding?
- Handling a difficult employee (A Case of Absenteeism)
- 3 key principles in disciplining employees
- Need for counseling
- Steps in counseling
- Six step intervention model in counseling.
- Counsel and coach before discipline.
- 15 guidelines on counseling.
- Positive versus negative disciplining(Role Play: Group activity in Coaching and Counseling application.)
- Plan for improvement with Gantt Chart
- The disciplinary interview – Agenda
- Narrowing down the disciplinary interview – checklist
- Progressive Discipline policies & documentation
- Understanding minor and major misconducts
- The issue of termination